REFRAME YOUR BRAIN
The 9 most powerful questions to get perspective in a difficult situation
How To Supercharge Your Creative Brain
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/sarahboyco/sarahboyd.co/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
Want to supercharge your creative brain?
Most of us need to access creativity on a daily basis. Those that are particularly gifted in the creative spheres need to access this type of thinking more regularly. But even those that think they’re ‘not creative’ need to access creative thinking at least some of the time.
Creativity involves see things from new perspectives, overcoming either internal or external roadblocks, and creating something new.
Creative leaders are people who are effective at using their brains to regularly inspire others with their work.
Our creative brain is a different part of our brain than the logical conscious thought processes. In fact our conscious thoughts can be the overwhelming problem in accessing our creativity.
The chemicals in the brain that are connected to creativity (namely dopamine) are used the most when you are feeling happy, relaxed and when you are experiencing anything new. Another part of the brain (right anterior temporal lobe) also activates highly during insight. This part of the brain is interested in big picture vision, and not details.
So knowing this about the brain, here are some tips to be feel more relaxed, happy, clear-headed, and focused on the big picture so you can feel inspired and creative.
Brain tips to supercharge your creative brain:
1. Spend time with people you love.
2. Go somewhere quiet and remove distractions.
3. Travel or go somewhere new.
4. Do routine things differently – go to a new cafe, or gym; cook something new;
5. Collaborate on creative projects with new people – think outside your usual group of people.
6. Listen to music you enjoy.
7. Go for a walk outside.
8. Laugh – hangout with your friends that make you laugh, find a funny clip on Utube.
9. Try prayer, meditation or yoga – even for a few minutes these activities are shown to decrease stress and increase creativity.
10. Have a break from what you’re working on – go outside, have a coffee or tea,
11. Do activities you enjoy – swimming, surfing, watch movies
12. Exercise – particularly any cardio exercise increases endorphins & makes you feel better about life
13. Change environment -if you normally work in an office, work outside or in the conference room.
14. Declutter your work space – take a few minutes to clean & order the space you are working in, it will help you think clearer.
15. Unplug from technology – turn off your phone, email, social media alerts so you are not distracted.
Now I’d love to hear from you – what tips do you have to inspire creativity?
Reframe Your Brain
Free one-page checklist of the 9 most powerful questions to get perspective in a difficult situation.